About the Tour
This is a self-guided tour, where visitors are free to explore the campus on their own (Download the map from the website).
They can sit through the Morning Prayer at the Banyan tree, and then loop through various spots such as the Instruments Cottage, the Vishnu Statue, Tagore Hall, Padma Pushkarini, Dance, Music and Visual Arts Department, the Ayyanar Shrine (Village Shrine) and the Crafts Education and Research Centre (CERC). Visitors will also get a chance to see classes in progress subject to the schedule.
They will also have a choice to purchase various handloom products like Kalamkari sarees, bed sheets, cushion covers created by the Crafts Education and Research Centre.
- Advanced booking not required
- Payment can be made on the day it self at the college office by cash only
- Visitors are allowed from Monday – Friday anytime between 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (please check the Kalakshetra college schedule given below to plan your visit)
- We are closed on all weekends (excluding 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays from 8:30 AM – 12:00 NOON only) and public holidays.
- People visiting the campus and attending programmes should follow the dress code:
Simple Indian attire/ long trousers/ formal wear
|8:30 AM – 8:45 AM||Morning Prayer under the Banyan Tree|
|9:00 AM – 10:.00 AM||Subsidiary Dance, Music and Visual arts classes|
|10:00 AM – 11:30 AM||Main Dance, Music and Visual arts classes|
|11:30 AM – 01:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|01:00 PM – 02:00 PM||Language classes|
|02:00 PM – 04:00 PM|