About the Tour
This is a guided tour, led by an eminent person well versed in the field of Art and Culture. The walk will take you through the story and spirit of Kalakshetra, while stopping by iconic spots within the campus.
The walk will include an opportunity to sit through the Morning Prayer at the Banyan tree, and then loop through various spots such as the Instruments Cottage, the Vishnu Statue, Tagore Hall, Padma Pushkarini, Dance, Music and Visual Arts Department, the Ayyanar Shrine (Village Shrine) and the Crafts Education and Research Centre (CERC).
Visitors will also get a chance to view classes in progress subject to the schedule.
They will also have a choice to purchase Kalamkari sarees, bed sheets, cushion covers created by the Crafts Education and Research Centre.
- Tour Duration: approximately 2 hours
- Booking will be confirmed only on receipt of advance payment, at least one week prior to the visit
- Payment can be made by DD/ Internet banking
- Visitors are allowed from Monday – Friday anytime between 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM (please check the Kalakshetra college schedule below to plan your visit)
- Recommended time for the guided tour 8:30 AM.
- We are closed on all weekends (excluding 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays from 8:30 AM – 12 NOON only) and public holidays.
- People visiting the campus and attending programmes should follow the dress code:
Simple Indian attire/ long trousers/ formal wear
|Please plan your visit as per Kalakshetra Schedule
(From Monday to Friday, Saturday Upto 11:30 AM only)
|8:30 AM – 8:45 AM||Morning Prayer under the Banyan Tree|
|9:00 AM – 10:.00 AM||Subsidiary Dance, Music and Visual arts classes|
|10:00 AM – 11:30 AM||Main Dance, Music and Visual arts classes|
|11:30 AM – 01:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|01:00 PM – 02:00 PM||Language classes|
|02:00 PM – 04:00 PM||Theory classes/ Dance, Music and Visual art classes|