Campus / Archives / TAG CENTRE

The Kalakshetra TAG Archives Listening Centre was officially inaugurated on the 3rd of January 2015. The centre has six computers including state-of-the-art facilities were set up in a dedicated listening room to be opening to the public. A total of 1000 hours of archival audio material donated by TAG to Kalakshetra alongside 200 hours of archival audio and video material belonging to Kalakshetra were prepared for the inauguration of the centre.

The centre was inaugurated by senior dancer and Guru Prof C.V.Chandrashekar. Chairman Shri N Gopalaswami, Director Smt Priyadarsini Govind and Sri R T Chari of TAG Corporation were also present.

The listening hours have been since introduced as part of the curriculum for the students of music which utilises this facility. Sessions are held twice a week for the students of 3rd year & 4th year Diploma and Post-Diploma while the 1st and 2nd year students have sessions once a week. The students are guided on the manodharma aspects thereby giving them a different outlook on the approach to manodharma by different stalwarts of the yesteryears. Apart from this, the students are also actively utilising the centre by listening to the archives in their leisure time.

An article on the TAG archives with a section on the listening centre at Kalakshetra was featured on Feb 17th, 2015 in “The Hindu” by Geeta Padmanabhan.