|Duration of Course||Two Months (40 Sessions)|
|Fees||Rs.500/- per session (Course Materials and Dyes will be charged at actuals)|
Syllabus | Part 1
- Drawing of decorative borders and motifs in the Kalamkari tradition.
- Preparation of “Kassim” (basic Black dye for Outline drawing)
- Preparation of Charcoal sticks for the sketching on cloth.
- Drawing of human figures, “Parivara devatas” “Vahanas” and other Mythological figures.
- Preparation of the “Kalam” (pen used for drawing with dyes).
- Drawing of designs with black dye and traditional methods of filling, hatching etc.,
Syllabus | Part 2
- Drawing of Gods and Godesses of the Hindu pantheon with appropriate attributes.
- Preparation of mordant solution and application on cloth.
- Washing and dyeing in Vat for developing red Colour.
- Painting of large pictures and story panels.
- Dunging and application of other vegetable dyes for different colours.
- Post treatment and traditional methods of bleaching and finishing of pictures.